Fish and chips is a classic dish that is popular throughout New England, especially in coastal areas. The dish typically consists of deep-fried fish fillets served with fries and often accompanied by tartar sauce or malt vinegar. Here are a few places in New England where you can find some of the best fish and chips:
- No Name Restaurant, Boston, MA: Located in the Seaport District, this family-owned restaurant has been serving seafood since 1917. They are known for their fresh fish and chips, served with homemade tartar sauce.
- The Clam Box, Ipswich, MA: This roadside seafood shack has been serving seafood since the 1930s. They are known for their crispy fried clams and fish and chips, served with homemade coleslaw.
- Bob’s Clam Hut, Kittery, ME: This iconic seafood shack has been serving customers since 1956. They are known for their crispy fried seafood, including their famous fish and chips.
- Flo’s Clam Shack, Portsmouth, RI: This family-owned seafood shack has been serving seafood for over 80 years. They are known for their fresh clams and fish and chips, served with homemade tartar sauce.
- The Galley Restaurant, Naples, ME: This waterfront restaurant has been serving customers since 1973. They are known for their fresh seafood, including their delicious fish and chips.
These are just a few options for where to find great fish and chips in New England. Many other seafood restaurants and shacks throughout the region also serve this classic dish.